(Senior) Biologist, Molecular Biology
Guide Therapeutics is solving the challenge of DNA and RNA delivery. Founded by experts in RNA delivery, Guide Therapeutics has assembled a team of specialists in manufacturing, target selection, drug development, and business development.
Guide Therapeutics is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Scientist to join our team. The primary responsibilities for this position will be molecular biology research and development efforts for screening lipid nanoparticles (LNPs) identified using our proprietary technology.
- Design and execute molecular biology experiments to determine efficacy of Guide Therapeutics’ LNPs identified using screening platform
- Perform a wide range of procedures and techniques for molecular biology, including DNA/RNA isolation,analysis, and purification, DNA next generation sequencing (Illumina), RT-qPCR/PCR
- Familiar with RNA, DNA handling techniques, NGS sample preparation and sequencing platforms
- Possesses analytical skills and accuracy to ensure the precision needed when conducting molecular scientific experiments
- Operate and maintain laboratory instruments
- Draw conclusions based solely on data generated with critical thinking skills, sound reasoning andobjectivity
- Develop, use and validate assays in molecular biology to support pipeline, as necessary
- Assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
- Ability to work effectively within a broader cross-functional team
- Conduct experiments, independently and with colleagues in support of project goals
- Communicate research and development findings with internal and external partners
- Ph.D. in Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, or related with 2 years of experience
- Knowledge of a wide variety of laboratory techniques, including RNA and DNA extraction, PCR (standard and Real-time), gel electrophoresis, DNA sequencing analysis, including next- generation sequencing (NGS); proficiency in analysis
- A background in hands-on use and application of molecular biology, up to and including NGS library sample preparation, is required
- Strong understanding of handling, methodologies and characterization of RNA and DNA
- Follow and write standard operating procedures
- Interpretation, documentation of results and data analysis
- Broad skill set that enables communication across multiple disciplines (biology, chemistry)
- Attention to detail, exceptional time management, and effective communication skills
- Industry experience is a strong benefit
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.